Meet the Team
Back Row from left to right
Merle Atherstone (Receptionist), Ken Meldrum (Maintenance Manager), Rose Buckley (PA to the CEO), Veronica Nduli (Stimulation Co-Ordinator)
Front Row from left to right
Hilary Davis (Head of Health Care Services), Kim Gallocher (Head of KRH Care Centre), Craig Smith (CEO), Margie Schroeder (Head of Winston Park Care Centre)
Why Kloof Retirement Villages are the GO-TO people in respect of concerns associated with the ageing process. Unlike the plethora of modern-day retirement and lifestyle villages, few of which originated prior to the mid-1980’s, Kloof Rest Home has been in the care profession since 1904, when it commenced life as a convalescence Home on the very same Abelia Road site. There, 115 years ago, the Loyal Guild of Women cared for soldiers during the Anglo-Boer War.
Most of the of care facilities included in The Kloof Retirement Villages family were initiated and sponsored by Upper Highway Rotary Clubs. This interest continues as a number of Rotarians continue to hold voluntary positions with Kloof Retirement Villages, such as committee members and trustees.
Unlike some estates where the employment motive is purely financial, the dedicated staff team at Kloof Retirement Villages, a registered Non-Profit Organisation, is driven mainly by concern for the seniors entrusted to their care.
And then there are the residents themselves – Strangely, residents seem unwilling to adopt the stereotypical, ‘waiting for God’ approach to retirement. Those residents residing in their own individual cottages continue to pursue adventurous lives and they contribute to the quality of life in Kloof Retirement Villages. Also, their zest for life is apparently infectious as even our advanced care patients exhibit determined enthusiasm; refusing to succumb to the impediments sometimes imposed by the ageing process.
These are but a few of the reasons why Kloof Retirement Villages are the GO-TO people for retirement matters.
Spend the next chapter of your life in a sublime retirement village where you will experience beautiful gardens, quality care facilities and easy access to all your favourite shopping destinations!
Call on us to assist with any retirement concerns and requirements!
• Are you looking for retirement accommodation?
• Are you looking to move into an advanced-care centre?
• Do you need medium care? (also referred to as assisted living)
• Have you perhaps fallen recently and are concerned whether you will be able to continue living independently?
• Do you merely wish advice on age-related health problems?
• Do you need to find out how life-rights work? (And, for example, how it differs from sectional title… or what its advantages are?)
• Are you concerned about a parent or relative who lives alone at home?
• Are your children asking you to move in with them; to move into, and possibly even fund, a granny flat?
• Are you trying to decide which retirement estate to choose?
• Is your dilemma centred around location and your proximity to things and people you love?
• Would you just like to drop in for a chat?