Chartwell Estate in Winston Park
Chartwell Estate, catering for retirees capable of living independently, is the flagship retirement village of Kloof Retirement Villages. Situated in the leafy and tranquil suburb of Winston Park in the Upper Highway area, the retirement village comprises of 59 one, two and three-bedroom units. The world-class Winston Park Care Centre is strategically located on the same property.
24-Hour Estate Security
Gillitts Bowling Club
14 Vian Rd, Winston Park
Winston Park Rest Home
Offering spacious, single rooms, each with their own en-suite toilet.
Chartwell Community Centre
Regular entertainment is organised in the Community Centre by the resident members
Situated in the leafy and tranquil suburb of Winston Park in the Upper Highway area, the Estate comprises of 59 superbly appointed one, two and three bedroom units.
1 Bedroom – Chartwell Estate
Retief Road, Winston Park, Gillitts, 3610
What to expect
The Winston Park Bowling Club is situated adjacent to the village for those who participate in this sport. We also have a well-stocked and maintained library in the Community Centre for the enjoyment of our residents.
The levy includes the following:
- annual rates – life-rights schemes receive 25% discount
- costs of insurance
- access-control and perimeter security
- a 24-hour security guard stationed at the gate
- the appointment and services of the Estate Manager and his staff who maintain the exterior of the buildings and all common property, including the gardens
- upkeep of the village lighting, wages, and uniforms as well as the operation of the wastewater treatment plant situated on site
- all exterior building maintenance
- refuse removal
- Library, community hall, and care centre available on the property.
- All residents have preferential options to either upgrade or downsize their accommodation within the Estate when a unit comes up for re-grant at Chartwell or any of the other retirement villages under the Kloof Retirement Villages umbrella.
- Residents at all our retirement villages enjoy preferential discounted tariff rates at our Care Centre should they require either post-operative, temporary respite or ongoing convalescent care.
PURCHASING A UNIT & MANAGEMENT
Residents purchase a Life Rights Ownership which is governed in terms of the Housing Development Scheme for Retired Persons Act No 65 of 1988. a major benefit of Life Rights ownership is that there is no vat, transfer duty or legal fees. The price you see is the price you pay. There is therefore no transfer of ownership registered in the Deeds Office. Purchasers of a Life Right automatically become a member of the Chartwell Estate Management Association as well as a member of Kloof Rest Home Association.
Members of the Management Association appoint a committee that has the responsibility of managing the retirement village as prescribed by the Act. Levies are revised annually and the Annual General Meeting is held as soon as the audited accounts become available. A portion of the income from the Resale of a Life Right is retained by the Estate to boost the Maintenance Stabilisation Fund.