KINGFISHER CREST ESTATE
Kingfisher Crest Estate in Hillcrest
It is situated in the suburb of Hillcrest in the Upper Highway area of Durban. The Estate comprises of 29 superbly appointed one-bedroom units, with or without lofts.
Hillcrest Corner Shopping Centre
The Estate is centrally located for easy access to Hillcrest's shopping complexes.
What to expect
It is situated in the suburb of Hillcrest in the Upper Highway area of Durban. The Estate comprises of 29 superbly appointed one-bedroom units, with or without lofts. Each resident is responsible for the internal maintenance and upkeep of their unit, own householders insurance and security, telephone, electricity and water costs.
RATES & LEVIES
The levy includes the following:
- annual rates,
- audit fees,
- insurance of all land and buildings (including geyser cover),
- perimeter security costs,
- all external common property upkeep costs including lighting,
- garden maintenance,
- sewage treatment and
- waste removal.
- Daily clinic services are also provided within the levy by the friendly, qualified nurses that manage Kloof Hill Caring, a community-based rental care aid organisation situated on site.
- Residents can enjoy the use of the superbly stocked library in Kloof Hill Caring offices.
PURCHASING A UNIT & MANAGEMENT
Each occupant is the holder of a Life Right Agreement that is governed in terms of the Housing Development Scheme for Retired Persons Act No. 65 of 1988. A major benefit of a Life Right Agreement is that no Transfer Duties are payable on the purchase. This being due to the fact that the Title Deeds and the Agreement remain the property of the Kloof Rest Home Association with no transfer of ownership registered at the Deeds Office.
The administration of the Estate is the responsibility of the Management Association members who elect a committee to set levies and rules by which the development is managed. The Management Association Committee have an established set of Conduct Rules. These seek to provide an atmosphere of harmonious, contented living by setting out simple behavioural guidelines.